AT&T Wireless network is a secure way with which one can enjoy the Internet service easily. If you have enabled the AT&T Wi-Fi on your device, you can get connected with it from anywhere in your home.
If you wish to connect your device to the Wi-Fi network, you have to:
- Select the wireless connection icon at first that you will see on your device. After this, select your home network (which is ATT and the last 3 digits of the serial number of your gateway).
- If the security is enabled on your network, you have to enter the password of your wireless network which is written on the side label of your gateway.
- Now, you can launch the browser and start browsing without any difficulty.
Take a note: To connect your Wi-Fi enabled devices, you have to enter the name and password of your Wi-Fi network.
Name of the Network: ATT + last 3 digits of the serial number of your gateway.
Password of the Network: This is 10-12 digit long number which is written in the brackets or must be labeled under the name ‘Wireless Network Key’ that you get at the side or bottom of the gateway.
Note for Mac OS X user: You have to enter the character ‘$’ in the beginning of the network key of your wireless gateway.
For the case, you are facing issues with your Wi-Fi or the speed, you have to reboot your modem or Wi-Fi gateway
For those who use Pace 5268, NVG599, and NVG589 gateways
Easily you can reboot your Wi-Fi gateway be following the given steps:
- First, you have to remove the power plug of your gateway.
- In case you have an internal battery backup device, remove them from the bottom side of your gateway.
- Wait for about 20 seconds.
- At last, plug the power cord back or put in the batteries to your gateway.
For other gateways and modems users
If you are NOT a user of Pace 5268, NVG599, and NVG589 gateways, follow:
- First, shut your computer off.
- From the back of the modem or gateway, unplug the power cord and make sure that the lights on the front panel are off.
- After this, you have to wait for about 10 seconds.
- If the lights are still lit, this means your device has a backup battery installed. Therefore, remove the battery and make sure that you have power down your device completely.
- In case, you have a service which is supported by a PSU (Power Supply Unit with backup battery) and Home Network Hub, you will need to reset the service. For this, you have press the red colored reset button on the side of the PSU. Take a note: Do not hold the reset button for more than nine seconds, otherwise, it will reset it to default factory settings and ultimately, you will lose all the customized settings.
- Plug in back the power cord.
- Wait while your device is rebooting and then the indicator lights will blink on your gateway or modem.
- Finally, restart your desktop computer.
In case, you face any problem at the time of connecting the AT&T Wi-Fi gateway or while rebooting the modem or the Wi-Fi gateway, immediately reach out to our technicians by dialing our AT&T customer service toll-free number.