Spectrum offers awesome Internet speeds at affordable prices. Being one of the best service providers across the US, they offer a number of services such as cable TV, Internet, calling etc. For the new customers, it may be a difficult task to do the self-installation of spectrum Internet service and set their usernames and passwords. If you, too, are new to Spectrum, don’t worry. You can take the self-installation help from spectrum website and use the below instructions to set the username and password. Here, we have given a complete guide to set your username/password.
For any further help, you can contact our spectrum helpline number 1-833-201-7911 and get the best help.
Creating A Username & Password
It’s very easy to set your Spectrum username and password. Follow the below steps:
- Visit spectrum.net and click the menu icon given at the upper left side and select the option ‘Create Username‘.
- You can create the username in the following ways:
- Using phone number or email address associated with your account online.
- Using the account information online.
- Using phone number or email address associated with your account in My Spectrum app.
- Using the account information in My Spectrum app.
- Choose any of the above and enter the relevant information (email, phone or account information).
- After that click on “I’m not a robot” in order to continue.
- you will be getting a code via email, text, or a call.
- Enter the code to verify your identity.
- After that, check your personal info such as first and last name, phone number and email address.
- Pick a username. You can either use the email address or create a new username.
- Create a password and choose the security question and its answer. The guidelines for creating a username and password are given below.
Few things are there that you must keep in mind in order to avail uninterrupted services. We have mentioned few guidelines to set your username and password separately. Go through it and if you still face an issue, please contact our dedicated helpline 1-833-201-7911.
- There must be 6 characters (minimum) in the username.
- Prefer using numbers, letters and special characters in combination.
- The only special characters you can use are -(dash), .(dot) or _(underscore).
- Your username should not have symbols at the start or end and shouldn’t have two consecutive symbols too.
- The password must have 8 to 20 characters.
- It must have at least one Lowercase letter, one uppercase letter and one number.
- Prefer using letters, numbers and special characters in combination to set a strong password.
- Symbols you cannot use are slashes, the > symbol or quotation marks.
Note: Once you create your username, wait for 72 hours before signing in to Spectrum TV app or other TV app using this username.
To Retrieve The Username
- Click on the Username Retrieval Tool.
- Enter your phone number.
- Follow the prompts.
To Reset Your Password
What if you forgot your password or want to change it? Ever thought? Well, there may be the times when you just can’t remember your password or don’t know how to change it. Don’t worry, follow the given steps to reset/change your password easily:
- Click on the Password Reset Tool.
- Two options will be there:
- a) If you know your email password.
- b) If you don’t know the email password.
- Choose according to you remember the email password or not.
- Follow the prompts.
Using this guide, you can easily create or reset your Spectrum username/password. If you have any further queries, feel free to reach our customer care helpline 1-833-201-7911 and get the best help.