Spectrum provides us the fastest Internet facility that allows us to surf the Internet and get our favorite content within seconds. But sometimes, this amazing service also gets disturbed due to various technical errors and comes up with issues of slow browsing.
Here, we’ve mentioned the steps to fix slow browsing issues. One can easily rely on them and troubleshoot the problem without any expert’s assistance.
Restart your Computer-
Leaving your computer on sleep mode when you are not using the device is a cause of slow browsing on your system. Sometimes, restarting your system can fix this issue.
- Find and click on Restart option. (Generally, it is located near the shutdown option)
- After restarting your computer, launch the Internet browser.
- Go to two or more websites to check your network connection.
- Check and verify that one side of the coaxial cord is safely connected to the modem and the other is connected to the wall outlet.
- Check and verify that the power cord that you are using is securely connected.
- Check and verify that one side of Ethernet cord is safely connected to the Ethernet port on your modem. Ensure the other remaining end is connected to the Ethernet port on your computer.
- If you are using a router, you need to verify that Ethernet cord is connected securely to the WAN, Internet, or Modem port of your router.
Reboot your Router/Modem-
There are two ways to reset your Modem or router during troubleshooting. First, you’ll need to Refresh the modem/router, and then, reboot them manually.
Refresh your Router/Modem:
- Sign in to your Account.
- Find the Activate and Troubleshoot option on the main window.
- Click on “Troubleshooting” tab.
- Choose the Internet “With which you’re facing an issue” drop-down.
- If you have two or more modem, click on the Troubleshoot switch for your selected modem.
- You will need to choose the symptom from the on-screen list.
- Choose “Reset my modem” option
Reboot your Router/Modem:
- Unplug the power cord from your modem to restart it.
- Your modem will reset in approximately 1 minute.
- First, plug your modem and then the router.
- Your router will sync in about 2 minutes.
- Wait until the lights on your device stop blinking.
- If you are trying to connect through the wireless, ensure that you are in the wireless range and the network connection on your device is ON.
Test your Speed-
- Sign in to your Account.
- Choose My Internet tab.
- Click on +Take a speed test option.
- Go to your Browser settings and check the disk or cache space for the temporary files.
- Space of 5-250 MB is recommended for temporary file. You can clear the cache data of your browser to fix the slow browsing issues.
If all the above steps won’t help you to troubleshoot the slow browsing issue with Spectrum Internet, you can Contact our professionals.