Charter Communications provides a TV series under the name of its Spectrum brand. Spectrum was rolled out in 2014. So, your Charter TV remote control may be branded with either Spectrum or a Charter logo depending on when you purchased the services. You can easily program your Charter Spectrum remote depending on its type and the type of your TV and other devices. If you are looking for how to program Spectrum remote to TV or to Cable box, you have landed at the right place or you can connect with our support or call 1-866-404-5844
Here we have mentioned complete instructions for programming a Spectrum Charter TV remote.
How To Program Spectrum Universal Remote UR5U-8780L / 8790L
This is one of the latest multi-functional Universal remote of Spectrum. You do not have to put a TV remote code as this remote has a auto search option. You can easily program it for your TV, HD DVD player, Blu-Ray player and Spectrum receiver. Follow these simple steps to program Spectrum universal remote UR5U-8780L / 8790L:
- Turn on your TV.
- Press OK/SEL buttons for three seconds. The LED lights will flash for 30 seconds.
- Press CH+ or CH- sign until your device turned OFF.
- Make sure to enter the correct code and press the POWER key. Test your remote keys to check if they are working or not.
- Press the DVD or CBL to store the code. The LED light will blink twice to confirm the saving.
If you are not able to program your remote, try to troubleshoot the issue here.
How To Program Spectrum Remote OCAP 5/ M1056
OCAP 5/ M1056 is a multi-functional remote which comes with the ability to fast forward, record, rewind and pause your favorite TV shows. You can easily program this remote with your TV, DVD player and Spectrum cable box. Follow the following tips to program your Spectrum remote:
- Find your device code from the remote manual. Click here to for the manual.
- Press the MODE key from your remote.
- Press the SETUP key until MODE key blinks twice.
- Enter the device code.
- Press any button to test your remote. Press POWER, if the device switches off, remote is programmed accurately.
How To Program Spectrum Charter Remote 1060BC2/1060BC3
This remote is also known as the Spectrum remote which comes with self-installations. Usually, these are the installations which are performed by the users. So, you installed your Charter Spectrum TV box of your own then you are likely to have a Charter 1060BC 2 remote. It comes with the ability to record, fast forward, rewind and pause your TV shows. If you want to program this Charter remote, you can do it by pressing the button on your device which you wish to program to your remote and keep holding the “Set Up” button until a light on the top of your remote blinks twice. Now, enter the code of your TV, DVD or audio device. Some of the common TV brand codes are:
- For LG: 11178, 10856, 11423
- For Sony: 11685, 10810
- For Vizio: 10885, 10864, 11758
- For Samsung: 10814, 10766, 10812
Some of the common DVD player codes are:
- For RCA: 20717, 20571, 20522
- For Sony: 21033, 20862, 20533
- For Samsung: 20199, 20573, 20490
You can get more Charter remote codes in the manual of your Charter 1060BC2/1060BC3 remote. This manual is available on the official website of Charter Spectrum. After you have tried each code, you need to press the “Power” button of your remote and if the devices turn on or off, the programming is done. If it does not, try with another code depending on your device and brand.
How To Program Spectrum Remote URC2060
The Spectrum 2060 is a Charter remote which comes with auto-programming for Televisions. It means that there is no need for you to enter any programming code for the 10 most popular TV brands. To program your remote just press and hold the “Setup” button till you see a light on the remote blink twice. After that, press “TV Power” button on your remote. Now, press the number for your particular TV brand and hold it till your TV turns off. Different TV brands use a different number like:
- Vizio TVs use 0
- Toshiba TVs use 9
- Sony TVs use 8
- Samsung TVs use 6
- Magnavox/Phillips TVs use 5
- Panasonic TVs use 4
- Mitsubishi TVs use 3
- Zenith/LG TVs use 2 and
- Insignia/Dynex TVs use 1
For programming other TV brands, you need to perform a code search. For doing this, you need to keep pressing the “Setup” button until its light blinks, then hit the “TV Power” button. Press and hold the “Select/OK” key till your TV turns off. Once it is off, your Spectrum remote has successfully been programmed to control your Television.
How To Program Spectrum Remote URC1160
URC1160 is a remote designed specially for Spectrum TV service with a minimalist approach. Three unique feature of this remote are:
Audio Lock – The remote lets you lock the audio level for a specific device.
All Power Button – The all power button lets you turn ON or OFF every device connected to the remote.
Luminous Keypad – Its back-lit keypads lets you control the remote easily even in dark.
You can easily program Spectrum URC1160 remote by following these steps:
- Turn ON the device you are connecting to.
- Press the MENU key until INPUT key blinks twice.
- Enter your TV or audio system code with the help of digit keys. If you don’t know your TV or audio code, click here to find out.
- Check the remote with your device to make sure that it is working properly.
How To Program Spectrum Remote Philips RC122
Philips RC122 is a Spectrum’s Time Warner remote control. You can easily program this remote with your TV, audio device, DVD or VCR. Just follow these steps to program this remote with the help of its automatic code search:
- Turn on your TV or device you want to connect.
- Press the TV key in your remote until the LED blinks twice.
- Press 991 while pointing it at the device.
- Press ARROW key on your remote once.
- Press SELECT/OK when your device powers OFF.
- Verify that you have entered the right CODE and press the POWER button. If your device powers OFF, it indicates that you have successfully programmed your remote.
- Select OK to save the code.
How To Program Spectrum Remote URC2464
Just follow these easy steps to program your URC 2464 Spectrum remote If you are not aware of your Spectrum remote code, download Spectrum remote manual here.
- Search for your device code from TV codes given below.
- Turn ON your TV.
- Press TV POWER key on your remote.
- Press TV and SEL key until LED light blinks twice.
- Enter the code for your brand.
- Press TV POWER key to check the controls. If the TV turn OFF, the correct settings will be saved automatically.
Here are the TV codes for the Spectrum URC 2464 remote:
- Toshiba: 1524, 1935, 1343, 1369, 1959, 2684
- Samsung: 2051, 0812, 1959, 0178
- Philips: 1867, 2597, 1454, 0171, 1990, 1365, 2492, 2992, 2622
- Magnavox: 1867, 2597, 1454, 1755, 0051, 0171, 1365, 1963, 1913, 1990, 2492
- Panasonic: 1480, 1947, 1927, 1925, 0051
- LG: 1423, 1768, 0178, 0017
- TCL: 2434
- Insignia: 1423, 2049, 1564, 0171, 1204, 0463, 1326, 1517,1963, 1660, 2417, 2751
- Sharp: 2360
- Zenith: 1423, 0178, 0463, 0047, 0017, 1661, 1365
- RCA: 2434, 2932, 2746, 0047, 3382, 2183, 0051, 1958, 1661, 1959, 0090, 1868, 2855, 3577, 3717
- Dynex: 2049
- Vizio: 1758, 2707, 0885, 0864, 1756
- Sony: 0810, 1685s
How To Program Spectrum Universal Remote C4000/S4000
The Spectrum UE C4000 remote is one of the most common Charter remotes which have the ability to control multiple devices such as TVs, DVD, and audio players. You can program your particular devices using the code for their brands. Simply, press the button for your specific device which you wish to program with your remote. After that, press and hold the “Set Up” button until its light blinks twice. Enter the code of your device. Some of the common brands’ codes are:
- For Vizio TVs 10885, 10864 and 11758
- For Sony TVs: 11685 and 10810
- For Samsung TVs: 10766 and 10812
- For Magnavox: 11198, 10802 and 11866.
Again, For programming other TV and devices brands you need to find the Charter remote codes by consulting the manual of your C4000 remote control. You can get this manual on the official site of Charter Spectrum. After trying each code, press the “Power” button and if it works, it means your TV has been successfully programmed to your remote. If it does not work, try with another code.