Ok, I’m going to give here an example of my Garmin GPSMap 8400/8600 unit, how I connected it directly to my mobile?
- Install the Garmin Connect app on your smartphone.
- After installation bring your phone near to GPSMap 8400 and hold its screen for a few minutes to get the activation key.
- Select bluetooth symbol to pair your device with the smartphone.
- Also, you can add more users via bluetooth using Garmin Connect to make the free Garmin map updates.
- For detailed info on Garmin syncing, you can check with Garmin customer support team.