With XFINITY Internet by Comcast, one can enjoy streaming new movies or live sports with high-speed Internet. One can easily tune in to his favorite shows like Insecure, Ballers, Game of Throne and more. Comcast offers different plans that fit into your budget and let you surf the Internet quickly.
However, many times it happens that the users face different hiccups with the Comcast XFINITY Internet. A lot of people search ‘XFINITY Internet is out’ or ‘Comcast outage’ on Google as it is a common problem that an XFINITY user faces. Instead of wasting time, you can directly find a solution here.
Continue reading to know how you can eradicate ‘Internet is out’ problem for Comcast XFINITY.
Check for Reported Service Outages
Before you start to fix everything, you have to check whether anyone else has reported about the service outage problem in your area or not. For this, at first, you have to log in to My Account. If you have registered your cell phone number to receive Comcast Alerts, you can send an ‘OUT’ text to 266278. This will make sure there is service outage issue in your area.
If you see the red status on one or more of your services, it confirms the outage in your area and Comcast is already aware of it. Therefore, there is no need to contact as they probably have started working on the resolution.
For the case, you see the green status, it means that no one has reported the problem till now in your area. And, you get a green signal to try the given troubleshooting tips.
Check that Connection and Power off your Device is Secure
If no one has reported outages, go through some given steps to check what is causing the problem.
- Ensure that the plugs of all devices are secure and has not come out. Also, make sure that every outlet is working properly.
- Verify that all cable connections are properly secure.
- Also, confirm your payments are not due. Sometimes, late payments cause an interruption in the services.
Reboot your Modem, Router or Wireless Gateway Manually
As you use XFINITY Wireless Gateway or modem (with backup battery), you can attempt an online reboot by signing in to My Account. Also, you have an option to reboot your modem, router or wireless gateway manually.
With a manual restart, you can restore the functionality of modem, router or wireless gateway as it will shut down the device temporarily. To perform a factory reset, follow:
- At first, you have to turn the device off that you are using for Internet connection (example, smartphone, tablet, laptop, computer, etc.)
- Next, you have to unplug the modem, router or the Wireless Gateway from its power source or electrical outlet. Wait for about 10 seconds now.
- Plug in back the power cord to the electrical outlet and before turning your device on, wait for about 30 seconds.
Reboot your Modem, Router or Wireless Gateway remotely using XFINITY My Account application
If you are a user of Wireless Gateway, easily you can reboot it with the help of XFINITY My Account application. For this, you have to follow:
- You have to download ‘XFINITY My Account’ application from Google Play or Apple iTunes.
- Next, log in to your XFINITY account using your credentials i.e., username and password.
- In here, go to XFINITY Internet page and look for the ‘Restart device’ option.
- Tap on it to initiate the rebooting procedure of your Wireless Gateway. This may take about 5 minutes.
- You will receive a confirmation message stating that it has sent a signal to restart your Wireless Gateway.
- If your device (modem, router or wireless gateway) had a successful restart, tap Yes to exit. If it doesn’t get a proper restart, select No icon and you will be redirected to a page with additional resources.
Rebooting your device is beneficial in many ways:
- Improves performance: Rebooting the equipment optimizes the connection speed as well as update the software. In addition, it keeps your saved settings maintained.
- Smooth upgrades: When you reboot your equipment, your Gateway effortlessly runs on newly upgraded service.
- Troubleshooting: On rebooting the device, a couple of connection related issues eradicate on their own.
Even after going through the above-mentioned steps, your ‘XFINITY Internet is out’ problem persists and no other person in your area faces Internet outage issue, you need to contact our Xfinity internet customer service experts immediately for help. We are present all the time at your service.