AT&T is one of the leading Internet service providers across the U.S. Being the largest telecommunications company, it offers many services such as high-speed Internet, TV and calling services. But sometimes, you may face issues while using these services such as poor voice quality, slow Internet speed etc. In this guide, we have discussed troubleshooting ideas for slow or lost Internet connection scenarios. Read the article and get to know how you can help yourself if stuck in such a situation.
Troubleshooting Steps For Your AT&T Internet Issues
If you are facing problems with your AT&T Internet connection, you should follow the below steps to resolve the issue:
- Check the modem icon in the task bar on your computer.
- After this, check all the connections. You should make sure that your telephone line connected with the DSL modem is directly plugged into the phone jack or the side of the ADSL HPN filter.
- Also, make sure that the filters are there for all the telephone jacks with phone devices.
- Ensure that the DSL modem has not been plugged into the surge protector.
- Now, completely shut down the computer. To do this:
- Select Shutdown from the Start menu.
- Click at the option ‘Shutdown the Computer’.
- Click ‘Yes’.
- After this, disconnect the telephone line from your modem and wait for two minutes.
- Then, plug the telephone line again into the modem and turn on the computer. Again wait for two minutes.
- After doing this, try to connect to the Internet again.
- If it again shows connection error, contact us to get instant help.
Note: In case you have recently started using AT&T Internet services and cannot establish an Internet connection, you can try the above steps or call 1-833-201-7904 for further assistance.