Roku Support: Troubleshoot All Your Roku Issues In Seconds 1-866-405-2152
Roku has been a big market player since the beginning of video streaming devices. With its easy connection with almost all sort of content service providers, Roku has become a household name.
Due to the fact that Roku is available on all platforms, a wide range of issues have surfaced. But the best thing is that Roku is providing excellent customer support to its user so that they can resolve their issues quickly. If you also have some sort of issue with a Roku service, you can dial Roku phone number customer service 1-866-405-2152 or you can take DIY help for an easy troubleshoot.
- Roku not connecting to TV
- Roku connected but not working
- Roku not turning on
- Roku Stick not working on TV
- Roku no picture HDMI
- RightNow media not running on Roku
- Roku express not setting up
- Roku blinking but not working
- Roku remote not working
- Roku not connecting to internet
Roku Troubleshoot Guide
Troubleshooting Roku No Picture Issue
Having difficulty with streaming a video with Roku or having no pictures on your TV screen? You can resolve this issue by following these below mentioned steps:
- Check your Roku device and make sure it is plugged in the power outlet securely.
- If you have connected any filter device between your TV and Roku device, disconnect it and connect your Roku device directly with TV.
- Make sure you haven’t selected the wrong input on your TV. Your mode depends upon the type of service you want to use. These can be TV/Video, Source, Input, AUX,
- Check the Video cable and make sure it is connected securely between Roku player and TV. See if you can locate a visible damage on the wire.
- If you are trying to view a 4K video, make sure your TV supports that feature. Also check the Roku settings and verify that 4K feature is enabled.
- If you are having issues in viewing some content go to some other source and see if you can view its content or not. If you can access the content, there might be some internal problem in your TV.
- You can perform a soft reset of your equipment by disconnecting all the wires from ports. Wait for a few minutes and connect them again.
- If you are still having some trouble, dial the Roku customer support phone number and get instant help from a Roku representative.
Troubleshooting Roku Not Connecting To Internet Issue
Follow these steps if your Roku device is not connecting to WiFi :
- First of all, make sure that you are having active internet connection. Try to use the internet on your computer or smartphone to make sure it is running.
- Check your Roku device and make sure there are no surface damage on the device.
- Check your router login and verify that you have signed into your internet account. You can check internet login status by visiting the 192.168.1.100.
- After login into your router or modem check its Domain Name System (DNS) settings.
- Make sure your DNS setting is set to Public DNS address. If not, enable it.
- After saving this setting try to connect the Roku device with internet.
- If your Roku is still unable to connect with internet, perform a soft reset on your device by unplugging it from power for a few minutes and connecting it again. The soft reset is proven helpful in refreshing the internet.
- Connect your Roku with internet and see if it is running or not. If not running, there might be some internal Roku error. Contact Roku support for further help.
Troubleshooting Roku Device Not Rebooting Issue
If you are having issues in Roku reboot, you can simply follow these steps:
- First of all, make sure you are applying the right method of reboot. You can reboot your Roku device either by soft reset or by hard reset.
- Check these steps and verify that you have followed the reset steps properly.
- Keep in mind that performing a soft reset will erase any personalized settings from the device.
- Open the TV and go to press Home key on your Roku remote.
- Go to Settings and select
- Tap on Advanced System Settings.
- Select the Factory Reset Enter your Roku account code if prompted.
- After entering the code, the reset press will begin.
- If you need more assistance, dial Roku phone number to get further help.
Troubleshooting Roku Remote Not Working Issue
If you are unable to use your Roku remote, you can follow these points to resolve the issue:
- Make sure that you are aiming the Roku remote at the right angle.
- Check the receiver and make sure there are no hard objects in front of the receiver.
- If your Roku receiver is not responding to any remote function, unplug the receiver from power for 30 seconds. Connect it again and see if the remote is working now.
- Check the batteries of your remote and make sure that they are not discharged. If your receiver is responding slowly as per remote command, change the batteries.
- See the remote and make sure there are visible physical damage on the remote.
- Make sure you have connected your Roku device with a 5 GHZ wireless network.
- If your Roku remote is getting heated during continuous use, replace it with a new one.
- If your issue is still not resolved you can ask for a personalized help from Roku phone number customer service.
Troubleshooting Roku Express Not Setting Up Issue
If you are having issues in setting up your Roku Express, follow these steps to resolve the issue:
- First of all, check your Roku device and make sure you didn’t get a faulty equipment. Always buy a Roku device from a reliable source.
- After plugging the Roku device, the first step you have to take is selecting your preferred language. Choose your language with the help of Roku remote.
- Before beginning the process, make sure your Roku device is connected with internet.
- After a active internet connection is made, your Roku device will automatically download and install the latest Roku OS version on your device.
- Set the display screen you want and create a Roku account if you do not have one. Roku Express will only work after it is linked with a Roku account.
- After this step a code will be shown on your screen. Go to roku.com/link and enter the code.
- Follow the setup instructions and your Roku Express will be set up properly.
- If you are not able to follow the set up instructions properly, you can take help from Roku Quick Start guide or Roku Adhesive Strip.
- If you want you can have profession help from Roku expert by calling Roku customer support phone number.
Troubleshooting Roku Won’t Turn ON Issue
You can follow these steps if your Roku device having issues in turning on:
- Make sure you are using the original adapter which you received with your Roku device. Using a local adapter will not only have issues in power supply but it can also damage your Roku device.
- Check the power outlet where you have connected the adapter and make sure it is having power.
- Verify that your Roku device is not damaged. Also check all the connecting wires for any surface damage.
- If you have a Roku stick, try inserting it in a different USB port to make sure it is working.
- If you have a new Roku device, it may take a few minutes for the initial internal setup. If the lights are not blinking on your Roku device, it indicates that your receiver is not having power.
- Make sure TV is not into standby. When a TV goes into standby, the Roku device turns OFF which means it will boot every time it gets connected to power.
- If your Roku device still won’t turn on, contact Roku customer support for further help.
Troubleshooting Roku Stick Issues
If you are having issues in your Roku Stick device, you can follow theses steps to resolve those issues:
- Check the power light on the Roku Stick and make sure it is flashing. If it is not flashing, it indicates that your Roku Stick is not getting power.
- If you are having “Low Signal Strength” error on your screen, it indicates that the content is not having strong signal connection. Check the app you have connected with and make sure it is having a steady internet.
- If you are having picture screen issues on Roku Stick, make sure it is connected properly in the HDMI port.
- If you were using a external app with Roku, make sure that app is having active internet connection. When apps lose internet, Roku device goes blank due to lack of content.
- If your Roku Stick connection is still uncertain, contact Roku support for additional help.