A number of users rely on AT&T U verse for Internet broadband connection. However, many times, the users have to face different difficulties with the AT&T Internet, including consistent Wi-Fi dropping issue.
On several occasion, the users have complained about the Wi-Fi disconnection while surfing the web. Temporary solution for this problem is to go to the settings to turn off the Wi-Fi and after a few seconds, turn it back on. However, this solution works for only 2-3 minutes. Thus, while watching your favorite show online, you have to restart your Wi-Fi again and again.
In here, you will get easy steps to troubleshoot the Wi-Fi dropping problem on AT&T U verse.
Follow the given steps to resolve Wi-Fi Dropping Issue:
- At first, you will need the password of your U verse account.
- On the side of your router, you will find Mac ID, key and system password and on the top of it, you will find a link.
- From your iPad or computer, go to that link. And, you will get the information about the performance of your router under its name.
- There are 4 tabs at the top of the displayed page, one of which is ‘Settings’. Click on it.
- This will open a drop-down menu, look for LAN and click on it.
- Next, it will open some new tabs, click on the Wireless option.
- Scroll down and you will see ‘Security’ option.
- Go to the Authentication Type and change it to WPA2-PSK (AES).
- Now, save the settings. It will ask for your U verse password, enter it.
Note: It is not the password written on your router.
- You will receive a ‘Successful’ message.
After following the above-mentioned steps, you will get rid of Wi-Fi dropping issue on AT&T service. In case, it wasn’t helpful, you have look for a quick experts’ assistance.