When you buy an AT&T U-Verse Internet device, it comes with your network name and password printed on it. These default passwords may not be the worst ever, but they aren’t very secure either. So, you are always suggested to change and set a strong password to make your network more secured. In this guide, we have mentioned all the possible ways to change the password for your AT&T U-Verse Wi-Fi. Follow the given steps and do this easily in no time.
Steps To Change The U-Verse Wi-Fi Password
- Look for the Device Access Code and the IP address mentioned on your device. The IP address may be 192.168.1.254 or it may be something different.
- Enter the IP address in your browser and then the Device Access Code when asked.
- Go to Settings > select LAN & Wi-Fi.
- Log in to your account when the gateway asks you for the password. The password will be the same as printed on your device.
- After that, scroll down to the option ‘Wi-Fi Password’.
- Here, you will see two options, the first option is ‘Use default wi-fi network password’ and the other option is ‘Use custom wi-fi network password’.
- You should click at the second option.
- Now, you have to set a password for your AT&T Wi-Fi.
- Choose a password which has minimum 12 characters and is a combination of numbers, letters and symbols. Ideally, you should use both uppercase and lowercase letters. Also, try to pick a password that you can easily remember and is not easy to guess for others at the same time. Avoid using common things such as name, date of birth, mobile number etc. in the password.
- Click at ‘Save’.
By following the steps mentioned in the above guide, you can easily set your AT&T U-Verse Wi-Fi password easily. Set your password and start using the seamless services without worrying about the security issue. If you need any further help on this, click here.
For more details, you can contact AT&T Experts @1-833-201-7904.