To increase the speed of your Internet and make it run smoothly, try rebooting your Wi-Fi gateway or modem with these easy steps.
Using Smart Home Manager to easily reboot your Wi-Fi gateway
To begin with, make sure that your Wi-Fi gateway is listed in the compatible gateways for Smart Home Manager list. These are:
- Arris NVG599
- Motorola NVG589
- Pace 5168
- Pace 5031NV
- Pace 5268AC
- 2Wire 3801HGV
- 2Wire 3600HGV
- 2Wire 3800HGV-B
Now follow these steps:
- Go to com/smarthomemanager and select the device.
- Select Wi-Fi Gateway > Reboot Wi-Fi Gateway > Reboot.
Manual rebooting of your modem or Wi-Fi Gateway
- Pull the power cord from your modem or gateway and unplug. Also:
- If you have an internal battery backup, then remove it.
- If you have a DSL service, then unplug the telephone cord from your gateway or modem.
- Wait for about 20 seconds.
- Place the internal battery back in (if applicable).
- Plug the modem or gateway’s power cord back in and reconnect the telephone cord (if you have DSL service).
- Wait for around 10 minutes for the modem or Wi-Fi gateway to reboot. After the process is complete, the broadband light will blink green.
If the above steps don’t work out, restart your modem or Wi-Fi gateway and then reconnect to the network or call at&t phone number 1-833-451-4719