How to troubleshoot Comcast Xfinity WiFi connectivity issues in business?
In case your guests and customers are having trouble in staying connected or connecting with your XFINITY® WiFi hosted hotspot, then using these simple troubleshooting instructions, you can easily fix the issues. The below instructions work for both multiple-device (modem + access point) and single-device (Business Wireless Gateway) XFINITY® Wi-Fi hotspots.
Rebooting Comcast Xfinity Business device
Although, there can be many factors that may cause this issue and you can try several troubleshooting methods to resolve this issue. However, most connection problems can be solved by rebooting (Powercycling) your Comcast Business device(s). So, try the following steps to power cycle your device:
Business Wireless Gateway:
- You can power off the Business Wireless Gateway by simply unplugging it from the power outlet.
Note: Don’t press the reset button, when powering off the BWG device.
- After this, plug the device again into a power outlet to power on the BWG. Wait for at least two minutes to allow it to restart completely before you go to the next step.
- On the WiFi-enabled device, now search for xfinity wifi network name.
- Choose the xfinity wifi network to connect it then run a web browser on the device.
- Your service is working if you find the Xfinity WiFi page appearing in the browser or if its connected to the internet.
- In case the following steps don’t work, try the below steps.
Modem and access point:
- Unplug your modem from the power source to turn off the modem.
Note: Don’t press the reset key on your modem when turning it off.
- Now by unplugging the access point from power outlet, turn off the access point.
- Turn ON the modem and wait for two minutes or until the device restarts completely before going to the next step.
- Now turn on the access point then allow the device to restart completely by waiting at least for two minutes.
- After this, on your WiFi-enabled device, search for the xfinity wifi network name.
- Choose the xfinity wifi network and connect to it then open the internet browser.
- Your service is working properly if you are successfully connected to the internet or Xfinity WiFi webpage appears in your browser.
Reset Comcast Business device(s)
Steps to reset Business Wireless Gateway
- Take a small object such as pin or paper clip and hold it in the reset button found on the back of the device to Hard reset the BWG.
- Just keep the button pressed for only 2-5 seconds then release it to restart the device.
Note: While performing the reset, make sure that you don’t hold the reset key for above 15 seconds. Because holding it for more than 15 secs will cause the device to factory reset. The factory reset will wipe out all your current settings and will be restored to the default settings.
- Before going to the next step, wait for 2 minutes to allow the device to completely restart.
- Now on your Wi-Fi enabled device, search for xfinity wifi
- Choose xfinity wifi network to connect to it and open the internet browser on your device.
- The service is working if you can now successfully connect to the internet or Xfinity Wi-Fi website appears in your browser.
Steps to reset access point and modem
- Use a small object like a pin or paper clip to hold this in the reset button located on the backside of the modem to hard reset it.
- You need to hold the reset key for 30 seconds until you find that all the LEDs on the device are turned off then wait for 2 minutes.
- Similarly, using the same small object, hard reset the access point by holding the object in the reset button located on the backside of the device.
- Now, keep the reset button pressed for 30 secs until all LEDs on it goes power off then wait for 2 minutes.
- On the Wi-Fi enabled device, search for the xfinity wifi
- Choose the xfinity wifi name to connect to the Xfinity WiFi network, then open the internet browser.
- The service is working fine if you are able to connect to the internet or find Xfinity WiFi webpage appearing in the browser.
If after following all the steps you are still not able to troubleshoot the issue, then contact Xfinity customer service to get the help about it.