Most of the time, performing an online modem restart resolves the most common Internet-related issues. However, when it does not work, one has to try different methods to eliminate Xfinity Internet problems as quickly as possible. Follow:
- Unplug the modem or the wireless gateway. At first, unplug your modem and wait for one minute before plugging it back. This is known as power cycling. In addition, it improves the performance of your equipment.
- Check a few websites or applications to ensure that this connection error is not specific to one. You can visit Xfinity Status Center to check for the outages.
- Ensure that your payments are up-to-date via Xfinity My Account App or visit My Account webpage from your system.
Do you have Xfinity xFi?
If yes, xFi will do its troubleshooting job. Just select ‘Troubleshoot a device’ option on your Overview page of the xFi web portal or xFi mobile application. Next, you have to select the specific device with which you are having connection issues. Keep on following the displayed prompts to determine the real cause of the trouble and get to know how to fix it.
What are some common Wi-Fi issues?
Forgot the Wi-Fi user ID or the password?
- To retrieve information online, go to My Account settings.
- In case you have Wireless Gateway, utilize Xfinity My Account application. First, sign in to your account, select the Internet option and tap on ‘Show Wi-Fi settings’.
- Those who have xFi, can visit the website xfinity.com and select the ‘Edit Wi-Fi’ option to find the Wi-Fi username and password.
Accidentally connected Xfinity Wi-Fi Hotspot in place of in-home Wi-Fi network?
For this, you can go to ‘Connecting your devices‘ page to learn how to prioritize networks.
Do you know how to connect your Wi-Fi network with the online gaming system?
To learn to make the connection, click here.
How can you improve your Wi-Fi Connection?
- Make sure that the Wireless Gateway and the cabling for your modem are secured in the right way. Check the coaxial cable is connected tightly to your modem’s port and the cable wall outlet.
- Place your Wireless Gateway in the upright position, elevated that is off the floor, and centrally for the best results.
- In case you are a user of dual-band Wireless Gateway (2.4 GHz and 5 GHz) networks, ensure to use same user id and password. With this, your Gateway will efficiently connect you to the better range of network with the stronger signal.
For further assistance or if you are not able to resolve the occurring issue with given steps, take help from the professionals.